Monday 24 October 2011

Lakes Visit October 2011

 Now that I have a car arranging venture like this become a little easier. It had been planned quite some time ago that we would venture to the lakes for a few days, and as Michelle was over for her brothers wedding it was the perfect time to do such a thing.



We had arranged to meet in the village later that day, so picking up Michelle we headed off, must have been a little strange for Michelle, even though I had been driving for over a year, she had not really experienced my driving, anyway off we went. The journey up there went without incident until we got to the village and found it to be rather busy, so we decided to head straight to our hotel and wait there.


It wasn't long before everyone had arrived, great thing technology, a few simple text and we all know where we are. Gathered together would be myself, Michelle, Sandra, Marc, Christine, Brad, Pla and Kirsty. Our establishmnet is quite pleasant enough, me and Michelle seemed to have got the best room out of our little group,much to Kirsty's grumblings.


Anyway, boots on wrapped up and off out we went. Straight up the nearest hill, not sticking to many established paths and meanderings, we eventually reached a summit, took in the view, braced the elements and headed back for a damned good feeding, we had earned it.


A quick shower and change of clothes and we met downstairs to eat drink and be merry, and that we did. The strange thing was, the serving staff were all Polish, pity I couldn't remember much what my friends had taught me in the past, but anyway, good beer, few games of pool and it was time to retire for the night.


The next day brought a pleasant morning and breakfast. Maps are spread out on the table and Brad had picked out a route that we would eventually ignore and wander off again. I drove to the next village to pick up Sandra and Marc as they had stopped at a different hotel than the rest of us, so Sandra was now able to experience my driving for the first time.


After dropping my car off at the hotel I met up with everyone and we headed off and up. Again not following the instructions as instructed, taking lefts instead of rights, we finally made it to a real path and followed that for a while before heading off again to seek out a tarn. Eventually we found it, despite Mr Pla taking a slight tumble on the way. 



All that was left was to head back to the hotel, gather our belongings, as me and Michelle were only stopping the one night. Michelle had to fly back the next day, and I could only get a couple days off. 


That we did and despite a slight wrong turn, we eventually made it home in one piece, dropping Michelle off at her mums on the way.

No comments: