Saturday 1 December 2012

Saturday in the town centre

Today was my mum's birthday, plus my sister Carole was coming over from Bolton with my nephew Connor, so originally she was going to my mum's for a bite to eat then meet me in town later. Train travel being the way that it is, her first train was cancelled then the next one was 20 minutes late, so with evidence like that a change of plan was in order. Simple, meet in town and have a bit of lunch there, that was the plan and surprising it worked.

Here we are all together, Connor has his Bieber flick going on and is bored instantly, out comes his phone, he is now entertained, this gives us adults a chance to chat and catch up. As this is Blackburn there is not usually that much going on, unless you are looking for the magic mirror. A magic mirror you may ask, what is that?

Elegantly put, a magic mirror is an ordinary mirror but with special properties, one of which tells you that you need more blusher, secondly it will advise you  that your scouse brow of choice needs a little more filling in, and lastly your foundation doesn't need blending in and perhaps even needing another layer. I know when I was younger a similar magic mirror was available, but when you wanted to look like Siouxsie Sioux, more was definately more, and bright orange Oompa Loompa face masks where not the in thing.

Anyhow a few hours were passed wandering aimlessly around town, popping into the odd shop to get possible ideas for Christmas presents until it was time for my sister and Connor to get a return train home. Returning to Morrisons for little shopping we all went our separate ways, me to continue my lazing about, as a simple wandering is quite tiring for me at the mo, but fresh air is needed sometimes.


Happy Birthday Mum 

xx

No comments: